Monday, December 12, 2011

Internet Connection Finally Restored!

Maybe a lot of you where wondering why I hadn't post anything since Wednesday, the culprit? Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company. Imagine, no internet connection since Wednesday night? Are you freaking kidding me? 


It started when they offered us a promo of their TELPAD, it is a touch-screen tablet just like the usual tablets in the market nowadays. Customers only need to add as low as P500/month to upgrade to the TelPad plans. As a bonus, you will get a free myphone MS 28 slide.  What's ironic is that, we upgraded our plan just to get this kind of service? Never did they mentioned anything about internet connection problems if we avail of this TelPad plan. Thank God that the customer service i talked to the other day was nice and kind enough to apologize, that made me calm down and be nice too. So after 4 looooooong days and maybe 3-4 phone follow ups, our connection was restored last night! But as I am using it right now, I can say that the speed is kinda not what I expected from an upgrade. I hope this improves on the coming days.


I just hope that PLDT would improve their services, specially to customers who are loyal to them and pays on time. We've been a subscriber for more than a decade now, and I think with what we are paying every month, we really deserve something better than this kind of crap.  I've heard a lot of complaints from subscribers specially with the internet connection.  I also hope that they improve their customer service, maybe add more people. It's really annoying (and it pisses me off) to wait on the phone for a minimum of 30 minutes before someone would actually answer your call (and won't even give you the answer you want to hear). They got a million subscribers, so why not add more people to handle customer support?  In the spirit of Christmas, we forgive you and we will give you a chance to improve your services. And to show you that I don't hate you that much, I will inform my readers about your Telpad promo.



The PLDT TelPad service starts at Plan 1849 with 1-megabit-per-second (Mbps) broadband connection and landline service. The PLDT TelPad unit comes bundled with the plan. Existing PLDT myDSL customers only need to add as low as P500/month to upgrade to the TelPad plans.

The other PLDT TelPad plans are Plan 2099 at 1.5 Mbps (P2,099 per month), Plan 3095 at 2.5 Mbps, and Plan 4100 at 3.5 Mbps. All these are inclusive of the landline phone and myDSL broadband service.



Our review:  The tablet is ok, it looks more like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. With it's price (Php 5,500), it's quite okay. But I was thinking, why not give the unit for free since we are going to pay an additional Php 500 per month for 2 years? Yes, there is a lock in period of 2 years, just like getting a postpaid line at Globe or Smart. FYI, it runs on Android Froyo 2.2.

You might want to consider this offer, but make sure that they inform you about the"upgrade processing" which means not having internet connection for a few days I think (wink!).


Happy Monday Everyone!

1 comment: