Friday, April 13, 2012

Weekend Eats: Garlic Buttered (Fried) Chicken

It's been a while since I posted something on my blog, I've been busy these past few weeks being a MOM. Just as I thought I could relax and breathe because it's summer vacation..... I was wrong! I was a lot busier now that my kids are at home 24/7, but I love what I do, I love being a full time mom.


This time I would like to share with you my own version of Garlic Buttered Fried Chicken. My son loves this dish, who wouldn't love that crunchy, sweet and buttery chicken? I was going to try Jive Bar's recipe of Buttered Chicken, but I decided to make my own.


GARLIC BUTTERED FRIED CHICKEN




Ingredients:

1 kilo chicken, chopped 
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
6 tbsp. cornstarch
1 egg, beaten
oil for frying

Procedure:
  • Put the chicken in a large bowl, add the salt, pepper and garlic. 
  • Then, add the cornstarch and egg. mix well until the chicken pieces are all coated.
  • Fry the chicken pieces until cooked. set aside.

garlic butter sauce:

3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 stick butter or star margarine
1 tbsp sugar (you can add more if you want it sweeter)
juice of 1 pc. calamansi


Procedure:
  • In a saucepan, melt the butter in a very low fire.
  • Then add garlic, saute for a few minutes but make sure not to brown it. 
  • add the sugar and calamansi juice, mix well until the sugar is fully dissolved. turn off stove.
  • Put the chicken pieces one by one in the saucepan, coat it with the garlic butter sauce. arrange on a plate and enjoy!


I did not coat the chicken with the usual flour and egg, the reason is that I still want to taste the chicken. The problem with the flour and egg coating is that you taste more of the coating (because it is too thick) and not the chicken itself. 

Everytime I make this, my kids would start eating it even before I'm done coating all of the chicken pieces. They love it with or without rice and they would always say SARAP! Which always makes me feel ecstatic because my children are hard to please just like their dad. I also shared this recipe with my good friend Gina Bautista and she told me that her family loved it too! I am happy whenever I hear good feedbacks from my family and friends.

You too can try the recipe this weekend, turn that boring fried chicken into something new and interesting!



"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook -- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!"
- Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment